Include an impressive about section in on your resume website by following the given tips and guidelines. Make sure you mention your career plan in this section.
Career objective is the highlight of any resume. It is catches the attention of the recruiter before anything else does. It comes right below the name and contact details of the candidate. If you are making your own resume website, then the ‘About’ section does the role of describing the career objective or career summary. Here are a few tips to start your resume with a resume objective or a career summary, for both, online resume and website.
· Career objective should express your career ambitions and the job you desire to have. It should talk of your goals. The most popular question of any interview, “Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?” comes from this line. Hence, be careful as to what your write.
· Keep the employer’s perspective while writing the objective. Mention how the employer will benefit from you and how your skills match the requirements of the organization perfectly.
· Refrain from using vague and clichéd terms. Do not include any terms that appear as mere words on the resume and do not add to the knowledge of the recruiter.
· Keep the objective short and precise. Remove any such information that will confuse the recruiter or gives a negative impression of the candidate.
· It is wise to create multiple career objectives if you are applying for different profiles.
· For a resume website the about section, combines the career objective and summary. It introduces the candidate and gives an idea about his current profile and future plans. Candidates have the benefit of writing a detailed career objective and using a unique style of presentation with websites.
We have explained some tips on writing career objective in about section of your resume website. Feel free to use your creativity and explore different writing and presentation styles.